Monday, April 29, 2013

A Sight to See

Hello, friends! I hope y'all had a nice weekend! I started my new job  this past week and after a relaxing weekend am finally getting settled in the low country  Now that normalcy has been restored, I thought I would share with you my recent experience buying glasses.

In 2005, I had Lasik surgery. Since then, I've had no need for contacts of glasses...which has been very nice on my pocketbook. Though I don't have any true vision problems, I notice a strain in my eyes after spending hours a day working in front of screens. Between my computer, iPad and iPhone it's just too much sometimes. By the end of the day, my eyes are exhausted. Last month, I decided it would be beneficial to visit my eye doctor and invest in a pair or prescription "reading glasses" to combat the weakness in my eyes. 

After meeting with my doctor and determining my need, I set-out to find the perfect frames. If you're anywhere online, it's hard to miss all of the ads for the new eyewear houses. From Firmoo to Coastal to Warby Parker, I was a little hesitant to make the first move but decided it was worth an investigation. After doing a little research, I learned Warby Parker had a showroom in Nashville  While you can't order or buy at the store, being able to try on the frames I liked online made all the difference. Not only was the Warby team member helpful, but reassuring in what worked for my face shape. Once I decided on a pair, I was given a card with the frame name and color code to make ordering at home simple. 

Ordering from the Warby Parker site could not have been easier. All I had to do was simply fill in my prescription and send a virtual proof of the actual prescription from my doctor's office. The easiest way to do this was using my phone's camera and sending it via email. After verification, my order was filled and arrived at my house within a week. The glasses were safely stored in a hard case with a cleaning cloth perfect for storing in a handbag safely!

Winston frames in Lunar Fade
(Please pardon the paleness) 

I was very pleased with my purchase and am excited that WP even offers sunglasses! If you're in the market for new spectacles don't be afraid to try an online site. Warby Parker will even send a pair to those less fortunate when you buy a pair!

If you have any questions before ordering, feel free to ask me or connect with Warby Parker on their website or twitter @WarbyParker

A Few Quick Tips:

1.) Don't be afraid to try a new style of glasses.

2.) Make sure to have your optometrist measure your pupillary distance (PD measurement) to use when ordering. 

3.) Your insurance provider may cover your online purchase. A simple reimbursement form may be all that is necessary. Be sure to check with your provider beforehand to know what to expect.

4.) If you aren't near a pop in shop, Warby Parker will send you five different frames (at a time) to try on at home free!

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and stylish spectacles!

No comments:

Post a Comment