Thursday, December 15, 2011

SkinCeuticals

Up until this year, I've never been a big "cosmetics" or "skin" girl. I hate to admit it, but I rarely washed my makeup off at night. While I didn't have horrible skin problems, I knew I needed to take better measures to prepare my skin for age. Horrible as it is, last year I made a new years resolution to wash my makeup off  every, most nights, and adopt a skincare routine I could take comfort in for the future.

I'm still tweaking the products I use, but am proud to say that my 2011 resolution has lived. I've done AMAZINGLY well taking care of my face and neck (an often forgotten skin area) and have even noticed a difference in the texture of my skin.

Earlier this year, sweet E's Mom introduced me to SkinCeuticals. SkinCeuticals does exactly what it claims: improves skin's health. For me, it has done just that. This line, once a strictly dermatological only product, was developed at Duke University to prevent skin problems, protect from skin damage and correct existing skin problems.


I visited E's mother's esthetician while in Charleston and was given a consultation as to what was best for my skin type. Because I have a bit of natural redness, it was recommended that I use the (green) Phyto-Corrective Gel to aide in giving me a more natural color. Along with this, I use the Micro-Exfoliating Scrub and Hydrating B5 Gel.

The scrub was recommended for a twice daily face wash, but I found that with the hard water in Brentwood, it is easier on my skin for once a day. The  B5 Gel is my absolute favorite! Whether my skin is having a moment of dryness or a tad too oily, this gel evens me out and makes me feel very refreshed.



Even though this line is a tad pricey for my low budget, I would recommend this line to anyone wanting a skin routine to weather the years. I fully believe that because of the positive effects of SkinCeuticals my skin will continue to stay healthy and remain looking young.


Check out your local SkinCeuticals location. If anything, take pride in your face and learn what is best for YOU.

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and a proactive skin routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment