Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!

While I am sitting at work, unable to honor this day as it should be, (shopping) I want to share with you a few facts about my favorite president, Ronald Reagan.

*RR would have celebrated his 101st birthday on February 6th.

*His economic policy dubbed the term, "Reaganomics."

*Reagan was once the president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG).

*Once a Democrat, Reagan formerly switched to the Republican party in 1962. He was famously quoted as saying, "I didn't leave the democratic party. The party left me."

*69 days into his presidency, Ronald Reagan was shot during an assassination attempt.

*RR was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 1994.

*Ronald Reagan was one of five American presidents to keep a consistent diary of his presidency. You can ready an account of everyday during his presidency (minus his time in the hospital during the assassination attempt), in The Reagan Diaries. If you have not done so, I HIGHLY recommend it!


Here are some of my favorite Ronald Reagan quotes:

Going to college offered me the chance to play football for four more years.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders.

Happy President's Day, y'all!
Who is/was your favorite president?

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and a patriotism in what our country use to be, is and will one day be.

2 comments:

  1. Ronald Reagan is my FAVORITE president! I'm actually doing my history thesis on his presidency! Wonderful post! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love all of those quotes...I've always loved Ronald Reagan too. And to top it off, he was the prez when I was born!

    ReplyDelete