Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Frankly My Dear....

Back in November I decided to tackle Gone With the Wind. With the holidays, it took me a while to finally open it up. When Christmas rolled around I was 50 pages in- and then I got an iPad. Boy did that change my reading speed. Not having to lug around 1000 pages of this classic, southern tale made it MUCH easier to get through. A week ago I finally finished.

If you're a fan of the movie, like I was, and haven't read the book, do it NOW. I was amazed how much was left out of the movie. I was also very impressed at how well the movie was cast. Every character was spot on how I imagined them.

I'm not getting ready to read Rhett Butler's People, Rhett's side of GWTW. I've heard this is a decent "sequel." Let's face it, anymore time I get to spend with Rhett is just fine with me.

Today, I discovered a website to help me keep track of all the books I've read. This site helps you see what books you've read, want to read and how well you liked them. According to your ratings, it will make recommendations for you. It also allows you to connect to your friends. I will definitely have to spend time and think about all of the books I've read. There are WAY too many to remember. I've always been a bookworm.


Have you read Gone With The Wind or Rhett Butler's People? Do you have any book recommendations?

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment