Thursday, November 3, 2011

St. Jude Country Music Marathon

Every year I tell myself I am going to train for the Country Music Marathon. Each year, January comes, I print off a training program and before I know it, the race is a week away and I've ran once. FAIL.

This year, the Country Music Marathon has taken on a new name: The ST JUDE Country Music Marathon. If anything can motivate me to run, it's St. Jude Children's Hospital.Since high school, I've been a big supporter of SJ. St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility. Discoveries made there have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. With research and patient care under one roof, St. Jude is  more than just a hospital, it is a world class research facility changing the face of modern medicine.

 I've always wanted to run a 1/2 marathon, but more than anything, I want to run a St. Jude 1/2 marathon.  Now I can do it in MY city. I want to start now, so when ice, cold January rolls around I'm already knee deep in my program.  I know I will need motivation through the cold and pain, a running group and lots of prayers and advice. I'll be starting as a new (used to be) runner and need the most basic training program.

Where do you suggest I start? I need reassurance that I CAN do this.

HELP! Eeeeek!

A throwback sorority picture of a small group visit to St. Jude Hospital. Please excuse the OVER ABUNDANCE of eyeliner!

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and a night full of Friday Fancies Lilly Preparation!

1 comment:

  1. wahoooooooo! you can do this! half marathons = the best...let me know how I can help you! maybe we can chat about them in December?!

    cannot WAIT to see your Lilly looks! xoxoxoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete