Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Feeling like a Zombie in... Beirut

Hello friends! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Sorry for the lack of / late night posting.

Yesterday, I went to a concert unexpectedly. I saw a group called Beirut. I honestly didn't know who the band was, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

 According to Wikipedia, their music is a blend of Eastern European, Balkan Folk and Western Pop. To me, it was worldly, indie music with jazz influences. Of course, I am not a music genius. I saw brass (lots of brass) so I thought Jazz. Regardless, I really liked their tunes and hearing something I am unaccustomed to.  

Tonight I am babysitting for sweet E's past intern advisor/current boss who owns Gasoline Studios. Him and his Mrs. are at the BMI awards for his hard work this year writing for the likes of Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw etc. As I sit here at 12:45 a.m, I am fighting my urge to drift off and feeling like a zombie, but know becasue of that they will be able to remember this night for years to come.

Wishing you all a night of sweet dreams. I'll be back tomorrow later today to share what I'm loving this week!

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment