Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Fancies!

When I posted about my Friday Fancies a few weeks ago, I had no idea that there were other blogs teaming up to do the same thing. I found Long Distance Lovin's blog recently and saw that she has a cool image for Friday Fancies. The idea of Friday Fancies is to create and share the perfect, dream outfit for your weekend event. I have to admit, I am not the most, "fashion forward," I still love the idea. I will share my best attempt at my favorite weekend dream outfit. I also want to share a few of my favorite things I'm "fancying," right now.

This was my first experience with Polyvore and I absolutely love it....after I figured out how to use it properly. I lost my first, and favorite set, after I created it. I had no idea how to save my draft. Needless to say, I had to start from scratch. Everything is mostly the same, minus the boots and earrings. I tried to mix a little country with rock-n-roll. Boots and dresses with cropped jackets are definitely a go-to Music City look. E and I will be going to the famous Puckett's Grocery in Franklin in Saturday night to see his mentor and internship boss, Joe West, perform some of his songs. Joe West is the owner of Gasoline Studios here in Nashville and has written number one songs for Jimmy Wayne, Toby Keith and currently has one rising for Keith Urban. Joe's songs are great...check out the links above.

My casual outfit will be perfect for a night full of good music and hopefully a little boot scootin'!
Boot Scootin' Boogie

Boot Scootin' Boogie by S_Sophisticate on Polyvore.com

I attempted to create a mini-collage of other things I'm fancying on this warm, Friday afternoon include:
Spinach, the family pooch (Jorgie), Kentucky Basketball, Green Flash West Coast IPA, and SUNSHINE!

Please excuse my lame attempt at using Picasa....I suck. Hope y'all are enjoying your Friday afternoon-wherever you might be!

Wishing you a weekend full of magnolias, bourbon and southern sophistication! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear! Just added your Friday's Fancies to the post from last Friday :) I sure hope you'll join in again for more fun this Friday! Loved your outfit--and I'm so jealous you live in Nashville! My uncle lives in Franklin and works in country music, so we get there a fair deal...I love it! Also love that you had your own Friday's Fancies a few weeks ago...great minds think alike! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete