Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bringin' Back the Blog...


After four long months I am back and ready to begin my love affair with my BLOG I have every intention of providing you with some interesting stories, laughs, ups, downs, and some of my favorite things all along the way. If I fail to do so I promise to help you take away random fun facts that make my journey through life.

Without further ado, let’s jump right in. The last four months have brought about many changes in the life of Camilla. (I have a tendency to call myself this, and if you are ever around you will hear people call me this on MANY occasions) During the time of my last post, September, I was starting my last semester of graduate school. Since then I have completed my masters (I still cannot figure out if this is to be spelled masters or master’s) degree in sports administration at Belmont.

I graduated a few weeks ago and am still heavy into my job search. Sports Administration is a broad field. Prospective jobs can range from coaching to becoming an athletic director or even a facility wellness coordinator. However, none of those careers appeal to me. My GOAL is to work for an athletic organization as the community relations coordinator and in the future work myself into a role in the player development area. That being said, these jobs are few and far between. While I have continued to apply for sport-related jobs I have branched out and started looking for community relations/public relations positions are organizations in the Nashville area.

If you would have asked me four months ago, I would have told you that I was applying for jobs all across the country, but things have changed. The last few months have taught me many things about the value of friendship and the importance of having people who love and care for you in your life. I have a great group of girl friends in Nashville. I cannot deny my need to have them in my life during a time when I am “coming into my own,” and trying to break into my career. Their positive energy, ability to keep me calm and zest for life never cease to amaze me.

I COULD NOT imagine getting through this time without them near. Another main reason for my continuing tie to Music City is because of the proximity to my family. I am just under two hours from home and a couple great playlists away crazy family get-togethers and a weekend in the beloved BLUEGRASS. For some of you reading this you might be quick to say, “I know those aren’t the only reasons you want to stay in Nashville!” and you’re right. There is one more reason. Back in September, I met a very special person. While he is definitely not the main reason I want to stay in Nashville, he does play a part in the many reasons that are keeping me here.

“Who is Mister SPECIAL?” you ask. For those of you who don’t know, his name is Elliott. Elliott and I have been seeing each other since back in the fall and he has been an unexpected surprise each and everyday. I will be the first to admit that I was a little hesitant when I first met him, but after I decided to take a chance I fell hard…and find myself falling even harder with each passing day.


As for the minor details of life here are some that will bring you up to speed:

*I am now a brunette. That’s right…no more blonde (for now)

*I am training for the Music City ½ Marathon in April. I am on day two of training. Look for more updates on my progress.

*My brother-in-law is in Korea for a year (he is in the ARMY)

*There is a possibility my sister will be moving to Korea. I don’t think I am okay with this. Please keep her and her husband in your prayers.

*I might get in trouble for saying this, but they are working on making me an Aunt… which is another reason why I am not okay with them being in another country.

* I just moved into my very first apartment by myself. I am still getting use to it, but I think it will be okay…I think I would rather have a roommate so that I could make them laugh with my stupid jokes and off the wall comments.

*MY Kentucky Wildcats are 17-0…that’s right…the DYNASTY is BACK!

I believe that about sums up my life over the last few months. I’m glad to be back and I cannot wait to let you in on some of the things that cross my mind.Until next time,

May your days be filled with Magnolias, Bourbon and endless joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment