Thursday, January 14, 2010

Awestruck by Avatar



That's right...You read the post title correctly..I went and saw AVATAR. I have to admit, I was a little leary of all the hype surrounding this film, but after sitting in the theater for three hours with goofy glasses on I am convinced that this is one of the most brilliant films I have seen in ages.
I'm not really a science fiction movie girl (if that is what you would consider Avatar) but the scenery in this movie left my jaw dropped for a good 3/4 of the time.
I have to give credit to James Cameron for his creativity in writing this story. Not only did he create the world of Pandora, but he successfully created another life form that reiterated the importance of appreciating the world you've been given. I can't tell you if Mr. Cameron intentionally made the viewer consider the way we treat our world, but I know that he made me think about the deeper meaning of the film and how it relates to the world we live in. I am
astounded that someone could create such a complex world. AMAZING
I've never been to the Imax, but I can tell you that I couldn't imagine seeing this movie any other way. If you haven't seen the film, you HAVE to see it while it is still playing. If you are near an Imax pay the extra money..it will be well worth it.
Even if you don't think this movie is something you're into..I assure you that you will at least enjoy the visuals. If this movie doesn't clean the stage during award season, I have will lose faith in modern cinema professionals. This movie has been out for three weeks and has earned over a BILLION dollars...that has to mean something....GO SEE IT!!!!
This picture does not do the film justice...but it does show you some of the beauty you will see....



No comments:

Post a Comment