Monday, October 10, 2011

Oktoberfest...Floptoberfest

Happy Monday evening, y'all! Hope the start of your week has been fabulous. 

This weekend I ventured to Germantown (slightly past downtown Nashville) for Oktoberfest. Several friends planned to meet and celebrate the holiday for what it's known for, bier! While Saturday's weather was more than could be bargained for, my afternoon did not turn out as planned.
Both unimpressed by the food and beverage selection, E and I ventured through the streets of Germantown, heard lovely tunes and bought candles from a local shop. Somewhere along the way I thought it would be a good idea to get ice cream from Maggie Moo's local ice cream truck. I enjoyed every drop of my birthday cake cone, that is, until a couple of hours later. Soon after finishing my treat, I started to get a miserable headache, maybe it was the heat, or perhaps something not agreeing with me. Either way, I started feeling very nauseous as we left the festival. Needless to say, my Saturday evening consisted of remembering why I like to have a clean bathroom. You never know when you will be face to face with food poisoning /contamination.


Sweet E was so thoughtful during my moment of sickness. It is most certainly a gift to have someone love you and take care of you during rough moments. I am (and was) VERY thankful to have him by my side.

On another note, it's amazing how beautiful the trees in middle Tennessee are starting to look. I love the orange and red coloring. Between classical radio & colorful trees, my morning commute can't get much better!


Until next time, may your evening be full of magnolias, bourbon and safe food products!

No comments:

Post a Comment