Monday, October 24, 2011

Friends, Birthdays & Good Food!

Happy Monday, friends! Today I was home sick. I think the fall weather has finally caught up with me. I still feel kind of crummy, but can't stop thinking about how wonderful my birthday weekend was. Friday evening, I helped my newly engaged friends stock the bar at their new casa. It was soo GREAT catching up with girls I haven't seen in months and starting my birthday celebration early.

Saturday, sweet E delivered my favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte to my bedside table along with one of my favorite birthday cards ever, a singing gnome! We spent the rest of the day shopping and grazing at my favorite village restaurant, Jackson's.

Saturday evening we had dinner reservations at Midtown Cafe. I have to admit, I was hesitant of going there. BOY was I surprised. This has to be one of Nashville's best kept secrets. I've lived in Music City for three years and never hear of it. The name does not do this place justice. My starter of lemon artichoke soup was TO DIE FOR, not to mention the Mahi Mahi and lobster risotto! E ordered the veal and it was just as tasty! We ended with Creme Brule and lingered over a delicious Cotes Du Rhone wine. To top off a perfect birthday, we enjoyed special birthday cocktails at The Patterson House.

If you haven't had the chance to dine at a pre-prohibition inspired cocktail lounge, I HIGHLY recommend it. After several visits, I am still blown away by the creativity and time that goes into creating the delicious concoctions. This weekend I left my drinks up to the bartender and came away very pleased. First I had a cucumber based drink as refreshing as mountain water. I ended the evening with a Bulleit Bourbon based classic cocktail. My favorite though, was sweet E's Pumpkin spice Bourbon drink called Rocky Top. AMAZING.

To end my weekend, I was treated to a mani/ pedi. 27, while hard to think about, is treating me well so far! I'm looking forward to the many memories to surely come throughout the year! Especially my birthday dinner with the girls on Wednesday!

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and great joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment