Thursday, October 6, 2011

Falling into the Season

For this girl, its been a slow transition into fall. While I love what the season has to offer, I hated to see summer go. I've been taking it one week at a time. I've finally found canned pumpkin to begin baking. Since, picking up several cans, I've made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin soup. This weekend I plan to make my first pot of chili.

Baking aside, I have yet to decorate for fall! Today, sweet E bought a pumpkin for our house. While Saturday will be full of football and Oktoberfest, I hope to sit down and jazz up a pumpkin or two to carry us through the month (and make our steps look lovely)!

I'm usually a carver, but am thinking I should spread my creative wings and see what I can do. Some of my favorite ideas include white pumpkins and the use of non-traditional fabrics, glitter and beading!

This may be a little adventurous for me, but aren't they LOVELY?!

Pantyhose? I think I can manage this! 

Silver spray paint seems easy enough!


What girl doesn't love a little sparkle?!


What are your plans for the weekend? Do you have any fall recipes I should try? Share your pumpkin decorating ideas! I need all the help I can get.

Until next time, may your evening be full of magnolias, bourbon and the joys of FALL!

2 comments:

  1. I am OBSESSED with the pantyhose pumpkins!

    Here's my FAVORITE fall recipe. It's great into winter, too, and I love it with a good, dark beer :-) Enjoy, sweet girl!

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/sausage-peppers-and-onions-stoup-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Pumpkin Dump Cake. I will have to send you the recipe! So yummy... think pumpkin pie filling and yellow cake.

    ReplyDelete