Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Smiles for a Rainy Day

Happy Tuesday, y'all! Hope everyone is staying safe and dry. With a good portion of the country being hammered by storms, I though we could all use a little pick me up. 

Warning! The picture I'm about to show you may boggle your mind and send you into stitches. I've seen this guy not once, but twice on the interstates around Nashville. Luckily, both times I was in the passenger seat and was able to snap a photo. 

Look closely. There are two dogs with goggle/face masks on!
On another note, I've got my assignment for Atlanta Yankee Belle's Staycation Swap. I can't let you in on who I have, but am very excited. I realized I didn't post anything on my dream "staycation," so without further ado, here it is:

My ideal staycation in Nashville, Tennessee would be one of the following:


1.) An afternoon/evening at Arrington Vineyards. In the spring and summer, Arrington Vineyards has live jazz music and tastings. Visitors bring baskets of snacks and blankets or chairs and enjoy great wine and the live entertainment.

2.) A weekend evening spent at Yazoo Brewery for tour and tasting. What's not to love about good, local beer?


3.) An evening of music at the Bluebird Cafe. {E and I had our first date there :o) } This is where many great musicians/ songwriters get their start. Among the many, Garth Brooks was first "found," at the Bluebird. 


4.) A Nashville Sounds Ball game. Hot dogs, baseball and a guitar shaped scoreboard! Yes, PLEASE!


5.) Any local, trendy restaurant outing would be ideal. I'm a self confessed foodie and love trying new things! Especially at local restaurants! {Nashville Originals}

I'm looking forward to seeing what my "staycation" has in store! Hope y'all are too!

Until next time, may your day be full of magnolias, bourbon and a strong umbrella and rain boots!


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to check out this stayvacation swap. Sounds interesting.
    Those goggles crack me up, but even more strange....they are on the interstate and that dog is just standing there! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete