Thursday, April 28, 2011

Aching Hearts Need Our Prayers

As we all know by now, several southern states have been hit hard by tornados and storms. With the death toll at 200 and rising, my heart aches for the vicitims of this devestation. When I was a freshman in high school, we had a tornado come through our school. T2K, as it was commonly referred. The immediate and long-term affect it had on me is difficult to put into words. With each passing storm, I'm crippled by fear that mother nature's destruction will reign. 

I see the aftermath of yesterday's weather event and feel deeply impacted by the way people's lives were changed. The horrific images and video footage evoke painful emotion and deep sorrow. I know that individuals will never again be the same. Weeks, months or maybe even years will be haunted by post traumatic stress, family members will not return and homes and buildings will take many months to be cleaned up and rebuilt. Our friends need our prayers and our help. 


Please reach out to those in need. Prayers go a long way. This could have very easily been your community or mine. Remember to tell those around you how much you love them. Life is not a guarantee. Don't take for granted any of the things you have because a gust of wind, a change in atmospheric pressure or just a small act of life could change it forever.

Until next time, may your heart be heavy for those in need of our prayer. Lift up our Southern friends and plead for their comfort during this trying time.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are right on all points and these people have been in my prayers all day since Husband woke me up at 6:00 to tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sad. storms like these scare me to death. praying for everyone in the south. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete